Our last big event of the fiscal year 2013 was the naming and delivery ceremonies for S514, ordered by Belair Entertainment Inc., and the naming ceremony for the sister ship S515, ordered by Intergalactic Investments Inc.. Both of the vessels were 7,200m3 type liquefied gas carriers.
Do you still remember the key features of our latest model of 7,200m3 L.P.G. carrier ? OK, let's review what we wrote in News 174 :
- Satisfying all the latest regulations ;
- Multiple cargoes handling ;
- Compliance with requirements from Oil Majors ;
- ILO/MLC2006 compliant Accommodation, with citadel sector to protect crew from pirate attacks ;
- Fire alarms for every room and increased number of gas detectors ;
- An emergency power unit enabling the ship to sail even if main generator system fails or is damaged ;
- PSPC compliance ;
- Double-skin F.O. Tanks ;
- Bigger water sewage tanks ;
- Ballast water treatment system installed ;
- Low-sulfur oil-ready system and equipment.
On March 28, under the clear sky, we carried out the ceremonies one after another, just in front of the vessels berthing at our No.2 and No.3 quays. The guests included Mr. and Mrs. Harry N. Vafias.
We started with the naming ceremony for S515. Mrs. Sophia Galitopoulou named the gas carrier "ECO CHIOS" and cut the rope that had tethered the new ship to Kyokuyo in warm applause from attendees.
Then the naming and delivery ceremonies for S514 took place. As kindly appointed by Mr. Vafias, Mrs. Yumiko Ochi, wife of the Kyokuyo's president, named the elder ship "ECO STREAM" and christened her by breaking a champagne bottle against the brilliant orange colored hull.
click to see a larger version
We are happy to report that we delivered m.v. ECO STREAM just as scheduled, under supervision of 2 rigorous, fair and friendly superintendents from Greece. It is a 3-ship order. We keep our best to complete the remaining 2 gas tankers with quality that will satisfy the owners ! [2014/04/11]
home > news > News 179 : 2 named & 1 delivered : Celeration for 7,200m3 Gas Carriers