The previous generation KIYOYASU MARU was in operation for nearly 40 years since her construction in 1978. The new KIYOYASU MARU, which Kyokuyo built as her replacement, is a large, modern cement carrier incorporating the most advanced technology to the fullest extent.
First and foremost is Kyokuyo's internationally patented SSS (Semi-Spherical-Shaped) bow. Combined with the characteristic large funnel, which has a wing-shaped streamlined cross section, fuel savings of approximately 5% are expected.
Inside, a number of cutting-edge equipment and systems have been introduced in the fields of labor-saving, automaton, energy saving and safety. Note also the logical wheelhouse layout that integrates equipment control and monitoring during navigation and cargo handling.
Here are some examples of other notable features :
- Reaction fins, which recovers propeller rotational energy loss ;
- Logically rearranged wheelhouse with navigation space (fore) and machinery control area (after). Instruments that integrate remote control and monitoring of related equipment during navigation and loading/discharging
- Loading/discharging equipment can be activated and controlled remotely from the cargo handling control room to ensure reliable operations
- Adoption of SUPER BRIDGE-XE, navigation support system by MHI, with voice input functionality
- VecTwin® rudder with joystick control enabling quick and easy berthing/unberthing and in-port maneuvering
- Stand-by sequence control system for M/E warm-up pumps and related valves, which contributes to labor-saving
- Water-tight valves for hold flowgate to comply with damage stability rules...
among many others.
Our new KIYOYASU MARU was built to take big steps ahead of her time. We hope that she will be used for as long as her predecessor.