Being the first cement carrier built by Kyokuyo Shipyard Corporation in about 10 years since the 7,000 tonner KUROHIME MARU born in 2003, YUTAKA MARU No.8 is a modern ship equipped with both mechanical and pneumatic systems for unloading while loading is done by a mechanical system.
As a state-of-the-art cement tanker, YUTAKA MARU No.8 is equipped with a variety of unique, high-tech features which include :
- Hybrid cargo handling system comprising 1,000tph mechanical loading, 600tph mechanical discharging and 400tph pneumatic discharging systems
- A bow thruster, a schilling rudder and slipping clutch system ensuring excellent maneuverability in port and narrow waters
- Energy-saving fins for better propulsion efficiency
- Air compressor (for cargo discharging) and shaft-generator driven by power taken off from the front-end of main engine
- Speed-up gearbox with omega clutch allowing to run main generators and shaft generator continuously in parallel, irrespective of the main engine's revolution state
- One-man bridge type console, electronic navigation chart display, GPS and 23" monitor radar being fitted on the bridge
- Integrated cargo and machinery monitor/controller in the engine room
- Equipment based on unmanned (M0) standard for crew's burden reduction and safer navigation
- Multiple cameras/monitors for remote monitoring
and many more, all reflecting the feedbacks and requests from the owner and superintendents.